THE WEST STERLING PROTESTANT CHURCH AND RED SCHOOL
The West Sterling School was located at the corner of West Sterling and Hollisterville Road. It was used as a school and as the West Sterling Protestant Methodist Church. It was built in 1855 by the people of the vicinity. Alanson Gregory was the first class leader. Robert Catterson, Eli Barnes, John Wallace, Cyprian VanGorder and James Caruth were its first members.
The church was always attended irregularly since a Minister only visited once or twice a month. It was eventually torn down in 1879 and relocated near Stevens Creek. Here the building became known as the Frogtown School and was used until 1915, when the children were then transported to the Sterling School in Nobletown.
The school was finally moved bodily to Hollisterville and attached to the Hollisterville Protestant Church.